What is Semaglutide?
- Semaglutide is a weight loss medicationreceived by weekly injection
- Semaglutide is FDA approvedfor weight loss
- Semaglutide is more effective than all prior weight loss medication
How Does Semaglutide Work?
- Slows down stomach emptying, so that after eating, you feel full longer
- Suppresses appetite and food cravings (on average patients eat ~30% less)
- Lowers blood glucose levels (without making glucose levels too low)
Your body naturally produces several substances that affect your appetite. One of these is called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). The body produces GLP-1 naturally when you eat. GLP-1 stops you from feeling hungry and makes you feel full or satisfied.
Semaglutide imitates GLP-1 in the body. This means that Semaglutide provides the same effect as this natural substance (GLP-1) in our bodies.
Reduced food intake: Because Semaglutide reduces feelings of hunger, you eat less food. When combined with a healthy diet and exercise, Semaglutide will help you lose weight.
Effect on plaques in your blood vessels: In animal studies, Semaglutide stopped the progression of plaque formation in blood vessels. This is likely why Semaglutide has also been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular events and strokes.
Semaglutide Treats Obesity AND Decreases the Health Risks Caused by Obesity